Rent and Mortgage Relief Program Overview
Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program Overview
If you need assistance with your rent or mortgage and you live in King William or King & Queen County, then you may qualify for assistance under the Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program (RMRP).
Application Required documentation:
The following information must be available at the time of application.
- Completed Application. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE TENANT.
- Proof of income.
- Completed Virginia RMRP Household Eligibility Certification. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE TENANT.
- Landlord affidavit stating the tenant is past due in rent and detailing the total rent amount owed, including any late fees. THE AFFIDAVIT MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE LANDLORD.
- RMRP Landlord and Renter Household Agreement. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE LANDLORD AND THE TENANT.
- W-9 IRS tax form. THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE LANDLORD.
- Completed Application
- Proof of income
- Mortgage Statement in the head of the household’s name.
- Documentation that the household has applied for and been denied forbearance from their lending institution.
- W-9 IRS form from the lending institution.