Thriving Financially is a podcast series that provides a place to grow, stretch and expand our financial knowledge together.
Thrive Virginia also offers financial education classes and one-on-one housing counseling. Appointments can be made by calling 804.966.8720.
- #24 Preparing for an Emergency: In this episode, I discuss the importance of preparing for an emergency. I review the steps to take before, during and after an emergency to protect you and your family.
- #23 Steps Needed to Achieve Financial Independence: In this episode, I discuss the steps needed to achieve financial independence.
- #22 Meeting Your Financial Goals in 2021: In this episode, I review looking back on 2021. Did you meet your financial goals you set for the year? What do your goals look like for 2022?
- #21 Holiday Spending – Staying on Track with your Budget: In this episode, I offer suggestions on how to stay on track with your budget during the Holiday season!
- #20 Virginia Mortgage Relief Program: In this episode, I provide information on the Virginia Mortgage Relief Program.
- #19 Setting Up a Bank Account: In this episode, I discuss the steps to setting up a bank account, as well as the benefits of having a checking and savings account.
- #18 Financial Stress During COVID-19: In this episode, I discuss suggestions on how to handle financial stress during COVID-19.
- #17 Financial Concepts: In this episode of Thriving Financially, I dig into the meanings of important financial concepts.
- #16 Child Tax Credit: In this episode, I discuss the new monthly child tax credit installment payments being issued to eligible families due to the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
- #15 Loans & Credit Cards: In this episode, I discuss loans and credit, as well as methods to paying off credit!
- #14 FICO Credit Scores: In this episode, I discuss what FICO credit score is, and what makes up your credit score.
- #13 Scams During the COVID-19 Pandemic: In this episode, I highlight popular scams that have been occurring during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- #12 The Importance of Financial Literacy: In this episode, I focus on the importance of financial literacy and how it affects your life.
- #11 New Year, New Goals: Happy New Year – 2021! In this episode, we revisit setting short term goals in the new year. I also touch base on imposter scams related to the relief stimulus checks.
- #10 Setting Financial Goals for the New Year: In this episode, we take a look back on the goals you set and achieved in 2020. We then evaluate what goals we want to accomplish in 2021, and the ﬁrst step to kicking those goals oﬀ!
- #9 Managing Finances Over the Holidays: In this episode, Thrive Virginia discusses ways to manage your finances during the holidays.
- #8 Credit Cards – Advantages & Disadvantages: In this episode of Thriving Financially, I review the different types of credit cards, fees associated with those credit cards, as well as the advantages & disadvantages of having a credit card.
- #7 Overcoming Obstacles & Impulse Spending: In this episode, I review obstacles you might encounter when trying to reach your financial goals, as well as ways to avoid impulse spending.
- #6 S.M.A.R.T. Financial Goals: How using the S.M.A.R.T. process can help you reach your financial goals!
- #5 Virginia Rent & Mortgage Relief Program: On this episode of Thriving Financially our Financial Coach, Beth Long, walks us through the Virginia Rent & Mortgage Relief Program
- #4 Walking Through A Household Budget: In this episode, we walk through a household budget.
- #3 Housing Counseling and Education, the best is yet to come!: An interview with Beth Long and Sarah Ferk.
- #2 Managing finances during crisis: Tips on handling household finances during COVID-19.
- #1 Financial Literacy: Working together to understand the basics of financial literacy.
- #0 Podcast Trailer: A place to grow, stretch, and expand our financial knowledge TOGETHER!