Please be aware that Thrive Virginia’s staff will never solicit personal banking and/or financial information. It is against Thrive Virginia’ policy to solicit any customer information via text message. Please note all contact regarding eligibility requirements and assistance will come directly through a Thrive Virginia’s case manager.
Please read all messages you may receive carefully regarding any application for assistance. If you believe you have been contacted inappropriately, or if you have questions or concerns please call Thrive Virginia at 804-966-8723 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thrive Virginia is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted the Agency for assistance. Thrive Virginia recognizes that the concerns you bring are highly personal in nature. Thrive Virginia assures you that all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical considerations. Your ‘nonpublic personal information’, such as your total debt information, income, living expenses, and personal information concerning your financial circumstances, will not be provided to creditors, program monitors, and others without your authorization and signature. All funders routinely require compliance monitoring and access to customer files. Thrive Virginia may also use anonymous aggregated case file information for the purpose of evaluating services, gathering valuable research information, and designing future programs.
Types of Customer information that Thrive Virginia gathers:
- Information received from you orally and on applications or other forms such as name, address, phone, social security number, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions with Thrive Virginia, your creditors, or others, such as account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage.
- Information received by Thrive Virginia from a credit reporting agency, such as your credit history.
You may opt-out of certain disclosures:
- You have the opportunity to opt-out of disclosures of your nonpublic personal information to third-parties (such as your creditors). By opting-out, you are directing Thrive Virginia not to disclose nonpublic personal information to third-parties.
- If you choose to opt-out, Thrive Virginia will not be able to answer questions from your creditors. If at any time you wish to change your decision with regard to your opt-out, you may contact Thrive Virginia at 540-368-2700 or 804-966-8720 to do so.
Release of Information to Third-Parties:
- If you have not opted-out, Thrive Virginia may disclose some or all of the information collected, as described above, to your creditors or third-parties where the Agency has determined it would be beneficial to you; would aid Thrive Virginia in counseling you; or is a requirement of grant awards that makes services possible.
- Thrive Virginia may also disclose any nonpublic personal information about you or former customers to anyone permitted by law (e.g., if Thrive Virginia is compelled by a legal process).
- Within the Agency, Thrive Virginia restricts access to nonpublic personal information about customers or former customers only to employees who need to know that information in order to provide services. Thrive Virginia maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.